The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce seeks an Administrative Assistant who enjoys a fun and fast-paced professional environment while supporting the organization’s mission and goals. The organization provides competitive pay and benefits along with training for this full-time position.
The Administrative Assistant performs administrative, clerical, and bookkeeping duties along with managing membership accounts and assisting with Chamber activities and events. Applicant must be able to multi-task, be customer oriented and have a background in word processing, spreadsheets, database management, and email correspondence.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Administrative and Clerical
- Answer telephone and provide high quality customer service: give information to callers, register callers for events/activities, transfer calls to appropriate individuals and take/check messages.
- Monitor daily emails, respond, and forward as necessary.
- Write business letters, memos, and other correspondence as needed.
- Operate computers for various applications such as payment processing, member relations management, bookkeeping, database management, word processing and more.
- Enter information into databases or software programs and generate reports.
- Manage paper/electronic filing systems and maintain documents.
- Operate office equipment such as phone system, copiers, scanner, fax machine, calculator, and postage machine. Arrange for maintenance and repairs when needed.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing the mission and objectives of the organization and the services and benefits offered with membership, events, fundraisers, and other activities.
- Greet guests that visit Chamber office and refer member services or products.
- Other duties as may be assigned or deemed necessary.
- Manage accounts payable while adhering to budget.
- Manage accounts receivable and process daily transactions.
- Prepare deposits and take to bank.
- Review data for mathematical accuracy and proper posting.
- Prepare documentation for accountant.
- Process new members in member management system and bookkeeping program.
- Responsible for member renewal invoicing and payment posting.
- Send member correspondence such as certificates, letters, etc.
- Maintain updated member list, prospective member list, and cancelled member list.
- Generate monthly member reports.
- Assist with member recruitment.
- Provide high quality customer service when managing accounts.
Events, Fundraisers, and Activities
- Set up spreadsheets and input registration data for events, fundraisers, or other activities.
- Collect, monitor and record all payments for events, fundraisers or other activities.
- Finalize all transactions and ‘close’ each event, fundraiser or activity.
- Attend and work at monthly and annual events, fundraisers, and activities.
- Process Relocation Packet orders and send.
- Work as staff liaison with Sustainability and Education and Workforce Development Committees.
- Assist with creating agendas. Take minutes at monthly meetings.
- Assist Committee Chair with any other tasks, reports, or documents needed for meetings.
- High school diploma
- 3 years work experience in related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Email correspondence (Outlook and Gmail).
- Comfortable learning a bookkeeping/accounting program and an industry specific customer relations management system.
- Working knowledge of basic office procedures, systems, and equipment.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and comfortable in a fast-paced office environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, dependable, pleasant and cooperative.
- High standard of excellence.
- Four-year degree in Business, Accounting, or related field.
- 5 or more years of work experience in related field.
- Proficiency or mastery with Intuit Quickbooks program.
- Experience working in non-profit organization or Chamber of Commerce.
Working conditions and physical demands: Professional business office environment. Flexible with physical requirements; some events may require set-up of tables, chairs, lifting boxes and other physical activity. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. July 21, 2017. No phone calls please.